The People ´ s Choice

Kayla Robinson, Journalism

Being freshmen at a new school, this really really big school with big intimidating upperclassmen and no knowledge on how to manage all the stress that is put onto us! But to help this school year be less challenging for us, we need a leader! Someone who can make this school year fun, someone like Grant Simmons. 

Being class president is a big and important job, it takes a strong and responsible person to take on that role as president for the lower class. When Grant won he was actually very shocked when he won. ¨I was surprised because I thought I was going to lose¨. But apparently, the freshman class says otherwise, but Grant was glad he won because he really wants to make a difference in his school and community which is why he ran for freshman president. ¨I ran for president because I love being involved in my school and doing what I can do to make a difference¨. Grant also stated, ¨I also think it is a lot of fun being able to plan activities/work with others to make school a more enjoyable place for everyone¨.

One of Grant’s contenders, Ezra Brinkley, had thoughts on Grant winning and was very positive and so were others. ¨He was probably the best choice¨ Ezra said. ¨ I think the others, well probably not lily she would do good, but the others would probably ruin the school ¨. Ezra had no intentions of making good at the school, as he put it, ¨I thought it’d be funny, I had no intention of improving the school ¨. It was just all jokes for Ezra and not a serious thing to him at all, he stated that he would probably make the vice president do all of his work and put minimal effort into the meetings. 

Speaking of the vice president, Riley Cavanaugh won the position for vice president and is said to be loved by many, and would be a great addition to the team of people working for the freshman class. ¨Riley is a good friend of mine and a great guy, I am really excited to work with him¨. Grant said. Grant and Riley both have plans to create activities where everyone feels a part of something according to Grant, but we will see if that truly comes true. 

Grant seems to be the best choice for president, he says, ¨I am going to put all of my effort into making the school better¨, but let’s hope that he can succeed in making the freshman class favorable in his decisions. With a freshman being a president, it’s hard to put a whole lot of people’s trust in someone that few people could know.