Tahoma’s Spring Production of Anastasia: A New Broadway Musical!

Tahomas Spring Production of Anastasia: A New Broadway Musical!

Francesca Huser, Writer and Editor

Who is Princess Anastasia? We truly don’t know! But this year for the spring musical here at THS we are bringing the rumor, the legend, and the mystery of the princess to life.

It follows a young woman named Anya who does not remember anything before the age of 9. She believes that she is an orphan from St. Petersburg, and has a gut feeling that something lies for her in Paris. When a streetrat named Dmitry tells her that he and his friend Vlad can take her to Paris, there’s only one catch… She must pretend to be Princess Anastasia. 

“This show is something that anyone can relate to. It’s about finding family in unlikely places.” Says Joey Knauss an actor in the show, also the male dance captain. 

“The show can be interpreted in so many ways, but I think the show means to do what you think is right, no matter how hard it may seem.” Says sophomore Josh Miller, who is playing Dmitry, the lead of the show. 

I also asked him many questions regarding his own character as a whole. 

“I would say his main qualities are being cunning, energetic, and caring. ” He continues, speaking on how Dmitry is way more than what he can appear to be.

The last question I asked is what sets our drama department apart from others? 

“We are a very kind and supportive community. We lift each other up and strive to be better with every show. It’s not a show you wanna miss.” Josh continues, excited for opening night.

All of these people have worked very hard and will continue to work hard until the show premieres on May 6, 2022.

The show dates are May 6 @ 7pm, May 7 @ 2 and 7pm, May 12 and 13 @ 7pm, and our last two shows are on May 13, @ 2 and 7pm.

From everyone in the cast, including myself, COME SEE OUR SHOW!!!!