Prepping for Semester End: Setting Yourself up for Success

Kylie Miller, Journalist and Editor

Alright, Bears, we are this close to semester end, this semester ends on the 26th, which means we have 8 blue and 7 gold days (as of Jan 6th). And while the beginning of a new semester means a fresh start for all of us, it also means that we all need to buckle down for the end of this semester. This means catching up in your current classes and setting yourself up for success next semester.

Okay, hopefully by the time you’re reading this you’re done with your finals week. If not, I’m praying for you, that being said let’s talk a bit about how to start the next semester right. First off let’s acknowledge that a new semester is a fresh start, grades are wiped clean and you get to start anew, so take advantage of this by creating new habits.

If you are a person who chronically can’t turn their homework in then this is the time to get into that habit, this will make it harder for you to fall into the hole that is missing assignments, but I do acknowledge that this is easier said than done. A good way to help you stay on top of your assignments is to keep a list of them and cross the assignments out as you complete them, additionally, you can try doing your assignments the minute you get home from school, that way it’s over and done with and you have the rest of the afternoon.

Another habit to work on is keeping yourself and your space clean. People tend to be able to work better when their study spaces are clear of clutter and easy to work in. Dirty living and or workspaces can also be very stressful for people and lower your energy which can be very draining over a long period of time.

Setting yourself up for success next semester is all about habits and formulating new plans that will allow you to manage your school work. That being said keeping up with your physical and mental is much more important than any grade, so focus on habits that help you take care of yourself first. If you want advice on how to get you missing assignments in go to this link, if you want tips on how to improve your grades when you don’t have missing assignments you can go to this link, and if you want tips on how to best prepare yourself for finals go to this link.