Les Miserables Overview

Amiah Jared, Staff

As scenes are practiced and dances rehearsed, the crews and actors of Tahoma count the days until the second and long-awaited production of Les Miserables.

Les Miserables is a French musical, and has been put on by Tahoma students before, according to Ms. Bean,the theater teacher at Tahoma. The reason of a second playing, she says, is because of the stage.

“At the old high school, the stage was much smaller, and we didn’t have as many options for the props and scenes. We really wanted to try this [play] out on our new stage, now that we have this chance!” Ms. Bean is the director of the play, and stays after school almost daily to help with rehearsals of Les Miserables.  

The musical is about a man who commits a crime, and his promise to a dying young woman to take care of her daughter, Cosette. The play takes the audience through love, joy, anger, and sadness, and is an extremely famous performance.

Les Miserables is so popular, in fact, that Tahoma’s 2013 production sold out for the opening night. “We had to turn about 90 people away, because they waited to get their tickets until the night of… the PAC [Performing Arts Center] was filled!”Ms. Bean noted.

If you are interested in coming to Les Miserables, ticket sales begin April 8th, and are available at the cashier’s desk by the main office. This production shows May 3rd, 4th, 9th, 10th, and 11th at seven PM. More ticketing info and times can be found on April 8th at the cashier’s desk.