New semester resolutions

Genevieve Antonetty, Writer

The stressful schedule of finals has been catching up to all of us, but don’t worry the new semester is coming up, and we’re all so close to crossing that first semester finish line. Whether you end with good or bad grades, you are still being given a fresh new start when second semester hits. Just like New Years, second semester is a time when most students say things like, I’m going to study earlier, get my homework done on time, etc. However, does this really happen?
Of course some students will hopefully set new goals and go through with them, but it’s hard to get out of bad habits. PROCRASTINATION is the main habit that haunts so many Tahoma students, and who’s to say it won’t stop. It’s really up to you to end the trend and use the fresh start as a way to show your growth as a high schooler. So many colleges look at how students learn from their past and are able to get their grades up and end the year strong. After all, school is all about elevating yourself and your learning, and what better way to do that than using the second semester as a way to create better habits for yourself that create better grades!
Another great thing about the new semester is the new classes! Sometimes you can get pretty bored when in a class for half a year, but the good thing is you get a brand new start to a better first impression to your new teacher and classmates. It’s all NEW; as if someone put a “just opened” sign and everything is fresh and your brain is actually excited to be learning something different.
Last, but definitely not least, the school year is halfway over! You are so close to have summer break once again and all you have to do is survive one more semester, and a great way to make it a little more fun and less stressful is just to get things done early.
I really encourage ALL Tahoma students to start fresh and get your work done early this way you’re on top of your game! Don’t fall behind this year, cause you’ll have to do a lot of catching up in your the years yet to come.