The Senior’s 13th Year Plan

The Seniors 13th Year Plan

Kayla Robinson

It’s the last quarter of the year and most of us are all pumped for this school year to be over and waiting for testing to end but on the other hand, we have some seniors fretting about their last day of high school and not being able to see their friends again when separating to go to college or wherever they are going to go after school. The end of the second semester should be a tough one for seniors, testing and end-of-year projects (finals) and their “After High School” presentations that they have to give to a panel, very stressful.
Speaking of the after-high school presentations, the presentation is called “13th Year Plan” which is also a state graduation requirement, the senior’s job for their assignment is to come up with an idea on what they want to pursue after the following year of high school and if they want to, go to college, get a job, go into the military, or achieve another  opportunities on what they want to do after high school, the senior class has to present their idea to a panel.
Seniors have a few assignments following their 13th-year plan presentation, for example, they can make a resume, do community service, and they also have the option to get one on one help with a teacher of their choice.
At the beginning of the year students are allowed to choose one teacher of their choice to help them with their 13th-year plan, like a mentor, those mentors help the students with presenting, their resume, what to do, what not to do, etc. The mentor and the mentees have 4 meetings and can go to the Tahoma website and find mentor guides on what questions to ask.
As for the presentations themselves, they are scheduled to be on Friday, May 26. The seniors are supposed to be at the school by noon and the presentations will begin at 12:30 and will end at around 3:00. There are usually about six-eight students per group that the seniors will be assigned to as well as a room number.
You’re probably curious, what if I am out of town for the presentation? What will happen to my grade if I miss it? Thankfully if you are out of town for the date of the presentation or will be out for a tournament for sports, you are able to sign up to present for a different day, all you have to do is go to Ms. Caughill in the future ready center to be able to sign up for any makeups necessary.
Preparing for the 13th-year plan presentation can be a very stressful experience for many seniors, the process of making the presentation, thinking of what you want to do for after high school, the presenting itself all can be very time-consuming and stressful, but thankfully we have our amazing future ready specialists such as Mrs. Strojan and Mrs. Lindersmith to help you through the process.
This can be a stressful time for many of the Tahoma seniors, the entire Tahoma school district wishes our seniors luck on their path through the rest of their school year and career, good luck bears!