Your New Holiday Tradition

Kamryn Raybell, Writer

Put your Christmas decorations aside because November is finally here, which means Thanksgiving! Not sure how to celebrate this year? Host your friends for a night of fun and good food. The trending holiday tradition, Friendsgiving, is a play on words of “friends” and “thanksgiving.” This fun way to celebrate the holiday allows you invite your closest  friends rather than the traditional family for a more casual Thanksgiving dinner. Whether you’re trying to avoid those awkward family conversations, or are unable to see family this year, Friendsgiving is a great opportunity to show of your cooking skills, connect with your friends and start a new holiday tradition.

A Friendsgiving dinner is a fun way to share your cooking. Usually, everyone invited chooses one or more dishes to bring to the dinner. This takes some of the pressure off of the host. One person may roast the turkey, while another may bake a pie. Talking to Katelyn Raybell, “My favorite dish to bring is mashed potatoes because everyone enjoys them and they are easy to make.” Whether the dish is big, small, hard to make, easy to bake, a Friendsgiving is a great way to show your love for your favorite dish and your skills.

A dinner with your friends is a great opportunity to share with your friends. Most high school students only see their friends at school or during activities so moments to just share with your friends along with combining old and new traditions are hard to come by. At a Friendsgiving, you and your friends have a more, customizable holiday. You can create your own menus and share new dishes with your friends.

If you’re looking to start a new tradition this holiday season, then Friendsgiving might be for you! The dinner is for the fact that not only did everyone bring dishes and drinks to share but also personalities. It is a night of memories and giving thanks to one-another.