Sugar Cereal/Diabetes

Sugar+Cereal%2FDiabetes

Owen, Journalist

It is a staple in the American diet even though it is sweet, sugary and not good for you. 

There is Captain Crunch, Frosted Flakes, Mini Wheats; both non healthy and healthy. 

I ran a poll and got results on some student’s favorite cereal: some like Frosted Flakes or Mini Wheats, while others like Honey Nut Cheerios. 

In Switzerland, they have non-sugar cereals with apple juice in some of their cereals and for kids they still make it a little sweet for them. 

The US, however, has a sugar cereal problem: we put sugar in our cereals and some European countries limit how much sugar they put in the cereal.  

“They’re marketing to kids and adults and their marketing to kids regarding diabetes starts young, yet doesn’t remain clear on the serving sizes; they don’t look at the serving size. 

“Ten percent of Americans  have diabetes if their milk has more sugar than cereal.” 

We have an obesity problem and some European countries sweeten it with apple juice, instead of pure sugar. 

European countries did better than the USA, and other countries outside of Europe. 

Other countries have obesity  problems and don’t really care about the problem in the USA, or anywhere else. 

Anything the USA does to try to help people doesn’t fix their health problems. 

Doctors would say you have diabetes with a test they would give you ; some people are even born with Diabetes and if you have diabetes, try to stay away from sugar cereal; if sugar cereal negatively affects your health, you may want to get tested for diabetes.