Winter Sports at Tahoma High School

Brylee Gianacakos, Staff

Hey there Tahoma!

Are you interested in sports like basketball, gymnastics, wrestling, and boys swimming and diving? Well I’ve got news for you…… Tahoma High School winter sports are rolling around.

The majority of these sports are for both boys and girls, but the only team that is uncut is both boys and girls wrestling, so you will have to try out for the teams. 

In order to try out for any of these sports you will have to complete a registration process which will be available starting Monday October 25th. All students wanting to register must have an ASB card and sticker and pay in advance for all non-cut sports.

Due to the pandemic, boys swim and dive, basketball, and wrestling all require students who are planning on participating to provide a copy of a vaccine card showing that they are fully vaccinated and if they are not vaccinated they will get a COVID test twice a week.

According to the Tahoma High School athletic department “Screening testing will be administered on campus. School nurses will have a list of all student-athletes who need to be tested, and those individuals will receive testing at the appointed time. Families do not need to seek their own testing for their student-athlete to participate in these sports.”

To see more information about registration make sure to go to the Tahoma High School website and click on the athletics category which will direct you to the athletics page. From the athletics page click on the drop down menu titled “more” and then find and click on the registration page, then you’re there!

If you have any other questions regarding winter sports, contact the athletic director Tony Davis, or Tina Angell, the athletic secretary.

Make sure you get ready for registrations and get your physicals so you’re prepared for the season to start. Remember: October 25th is when the registrations open up! Last but definitely not least, good luck to any students looking to play for one of these teams.

Go Bears!