Seahawks Season Predictions

Dominic Blatt, Staff

Five weeks into the 2020 season, the Seahawks are off to a great 5-0 start, led by All-Pro quarterback Russell Wilson.

Over the offseason, Seattle made many moves, including a trade to bring pro bowl safety Jamal Adams to aid our porus pass defence. Also, via free agency we signed many players including Josh Gordon, Carlos Hyde and Bruce Irvin, who was a major piece in our 2013 super bowl team.

So far this season, the offence has carried the team, with Russ setting a new NFL record for the most touchdowns over the first three games in NFL history (14), beating Patrick Mahomes 13 Touchdowns.

Sophomore receiver DK Metcalf is also on pace for a big year, notching a Touchdown and averaging 100 yards per game so far. Tyler Lockett is also on a roll, with four touchdowns and 250 yards over the first three games.

Although our offence has been on fire, our defence has had a tough time keeping up with the pass this year. They have allowed a league high in receiving yards allowed by a large margin. Injuries are also not helping our defence, recently losing both Marquise Blair and Bruce Irvin to ACL injuries for the rest of the season.

With how the season is going so far, I would predict the Seahawks to go 12-4 or 13-3 and make a push late into the playoffs, with a high chance of contending for the superbowl. Although, Russ will have to continue his MVP pace and the defence will have to improve greatly to be able to even contend with the other top teams in the league.