Letter to Stressed out Students

Kylie Miller, Staff

Dear Stressed Tahoma student,

With the threat of finals looming over all of us and AP exams, a lot of Tahoma students have been feeling pretty stressed out lately. We are all dying out here. We’re too busy doing homework to study and to busy studying to do homework, quite the dilemma we’re all in. I got your back though. Here’s some advice on how to successfully make it through the end of the year with your metal state intact.

First off, stop procrastinating! All of us are guilty of procrastinating from time to time. You need to stop. The more you procrastinate, the more you’ll worry about the fact that you’re procrastinating, the worse you feel and less you want to do your work, it’s a vicious cycle. Do your homework the day it’s assigned, that project that isn’t due for two weeks, start it now. Do whatever you need to in order to keep up on your work, I know it’s hard, no one likes homework but, if you do it now you’ll thank yourself later.

Next you should make a plan, or more like a schedule. Plan out your day: when you work, when to do homework and most importantly when to rest. Adding in time to chill out and watch TV is essential. No one can work and work and work for hours on end, so make sure to add in at least a half hour of chill out time a day. A plan will keep you on track, you won’t have to worry about when you’ll get your homework done because it will be laid out for you.

Finally, the most important thing to remember is that you’re not going to get the most amazing score on every test. A lot of people get easily panicked over getting a B on a test, I am definitely guilty of this. A B is not a bad grade at all, sure it’s not an A but, it isn’t a F either. You have to come to terms with the fact that sometimes you won’t get an A on a test or that maybe math just isn’t your subject. People always beat themselves up over little things like not getting an 100% on a test and with finals rolling around things aren’t going to get any easier, not getting an A is okay, people can’t be perfect all the time and neither can your grades.

This is the most stressful time of year. Filled with finals and tests, lots of students can barely get by but, with these tips you’re a step ahead of everyone else. To everyone reading this good luck on finals and the end of the school year in general. You got this.