Washington Huskies: Looking Forward

Max Zerbato, Staff

Coming off a heartbreaking loss to the Ohio State Buckeyes in the Rose Bowl on January first there could be some concern about the future of the Huskies. Looking forward to next year it’s fair to say they will be losing a lot on both ends. The major losses being Jake Browning, Myles Gaskin, Taylor Rapp, and Byron Murphy. But what should Husky fans look forward to next year?

To start off, they have the 18th ranked recruiting class going into next year led by Faatui Tuitele and Trent McDuffie, two great players that will make an immediate impact on this Washington Huskies team. This is the second best-recruiting class they have had in Head Coach Chris Petersen’s time with the team. Although Quarterback Jake Browning will be leaving this gives an opportunity to once five star Jacob Eason. Should be interesting how the Georgia transfer will play next year with all eyes on him.

A couple of key Freshman redshirts from last year Marquis Skiper and Austin Osborne are going to need to step up this year to give this Huskies team some of the explosive playmaking they were lacking last year. Looking at the defense there are only 2 starters from last year coming back. This could be a cause for concern but in recruiting this year they put together a great defensive line and good corners. Should be interesting how the young Huskies do next year in a somewhat Pac 12.