Halloween & Trick-or-treating, How old is too old?

Kenzie Larsen

For some, October is considered the best time of the year, shorter days and cooler weather. Halloween is also a favorite to many students at Tahoma High School. What is it about this holiday that people love so much? After all, isn’t it meant for kids?

So I decided to ask around the school, on a mission to find out how old is too old for trick-or-treating.

As it turns out only 20% of students polled had to stop at a common age between 12-15. The majority of answers either said that there should be no limit on trick or treating, or that 18 and older was too old. Although some students thought otherwise, freshman Eric Barquet jr. believes that 15 is the age that people should stop, “because when you’re 15, you’re in high school and you should be more mature.”  In his mind, and the minds of 32% other high schoolers polled, high school is a good time to stop repeating actions that could be considered childish or immature.  

Maybe Halloween was fun while it lasted, favorite memories of dressing up and getting candy or trading that candy with your friends and siblings are going to stay memories and now it’s time to watch movies and stay in on Halloween night. Or maybe it’s still the right time to go out and trick or treat until the sun shines the next morning. Whatever you believe, stay safe Tahoma, and Happy Halloween from Tahoma News.