Homecoming 2018

Where Does the Money Go?

Rae Rigtrup and Shelby Williams

Over the weekend, Tahoma High School had a night of formal partying and fancy photoshoots. Most were on the dance floor while others were waiting in line to get a group picture taken. Homecoming was the first major event at the start of the 2018-2019 school year. Between coronation,

bottom line is that homecoming is the first major part of each year for Tahoma High School students.

the homecoming game, and the dance itself, Tahoma ensured that everyone was involved with Homecoming. However, the greatest mystery is why tickets for the dance cost so much for what seems to be very little.

Dave Peters, mostly known as the Leadership teacher, is the reason why Homecoming is so put together. Accordin

g to Peters, prices are staggered because “homecoming tickets pay for not only the dance but the coronation assembly, the homecoming halftime show which includes professional fireworks; so basically, homecoming is self-supporting and is a fundraiser for ASB,” therefore the money is not going to waste. Peters also mentions that “if people are on free or reduced lunch they can come to see [him] and we can make accommodations for them.”

With everything looking absolutely stunning, one of the major concerns students have is how to make homecoming more interesting. Due to the fact that the main activities offered are being able to take pictures and dance for about 3 hours, many students don’t feel the need to buy a ticket. However, according to Tahoma’s cashier Frances Wood, there were “just under 1,100 tickets sold”. The

Each year, it seems as if homecoming gets bigger and bigger. after all, homecoming is a vital part of the high school experience. Tahoma High School does whatever they can to ensure that students have positive memories that will last a lifetime. As long as students are enjoying themselves, the goal has been achieved.