ASE Certified Students at Tahoma

From Top: Luke Thompson (Instructor), Andrew Bagnall, Garrett Stockman, Mel Davidson Second Row: Robert Vangelder, Jeremy Waler, Dorien Bettcher Bottom Row: David Henry, Jaxon Reynolds

Austin Grant, Staff

8 of Tahoma’s autoshop students have recently earned their ASE Student Certification. The process to get the ASE certification is long and incredibly difficult and these students were all able to go through it and succeed to the highest degree.

Auto shop teacher Mr. Thompson was extremely proud of his students for having the passion to pursue this honor. “This industry-recognized credential shows their dedication to learning both in the classroom and in the shop.”

I was able to speak with three of the 8 students who got their ASE. Jeremy Waler, who is a senior had this to say, “It felt like i accomplished something and I felt very proud of myself.”

Dorian Bettcher who is also a senior summed up the experience short and sweet, “I feel very accomplished.”

This is a true testament to how great the Tahoma auto shop program has been and how it will continue to get better and better.