Where to Work as a Teenager in Maple Valley

Anika Nau, Writer

Being a teenager in today’s society you are in a constant need for money. From going out with friends to getting gas for your car it is nice to have money always in our pockets.

Having a job with a steady income is always handy especially at a young age but there is the question of where do I work? In a small town like Maple Valley it may seem overwhelming but there are more opportunities than you think.

Sammy Mccallister, a sophomore at Tahoma High school, works at Just Poke, a small restaurant in Maple Valley. “I love working there because my coworkers are supportive and friendly.” says Sammy. Finding a collaborative work environment is important especially when you are young so you know what kind of work environment in the future. If working in the food industry is not for you there are so many other options also.

Reese Brawley, also a sophomore at Tahoma High, works at a Christmas tree farm,Enchanted Winds.

Reese heard about this job from a friend who works there as well, “It’s nice because it is a seasonal job and I only have to work on the weekends.” states Reese. Reese has time to do other things such as homework and sports during the week but brings in some money for herself during the weekend.

Finding a balance between work and social life is especially important when you are young and in high school. Either of these working options are very attainable to students if they work for it.

By simply bringing in a resume and following up with the company both Reese and Sammy were able to attain these jobs. Although getting a job and the process is a little stressful at first but the benefits of getting a job at a young age transfers over once you are older setting you up for success and on top of that you always have money for those sporadic shopping trips with friends.

If you are looking to get started on a job search, check out the Future Ready Center, and they can help you get your resume started.