Are Computers really necessary for students

Liam Palfrey, Staff

Are desktop computers necessary in the mobile computing age

There are ongoing conversations and debate about if computers are really necessary for students and if it’s really worth the cost. Computers are very helpful and school would be way harder without them. And they are definitely worth it because without computers, although we could use our phones, it is way more efficient and effective to use computers to access websites, docs to write essays, do quizzes, etc. Computers are one of the main things students use in school. If we only had papers we had to do, it would be very hard and unorganized because we could lose the papers or crinkle them, and with a computer, it is much easier.

I’ve interviewed Chandler LeBlanc, grade 9, to get his opinion on this topic, I asked him “Are computers really necessary?” He said, “Yes they are necessary for students to use and without them, students wouldn’t be as successful.” I also interviewed Glen Roberson and asked the same question, he responded by saying “Some students mess around and play games, but besides that, they’re a great tool for school. Students use computers a lot to do a lot of work, like essays, missing assignments, to print out papers, etc.” You can see that many students all agree that computers are necessary and we wouldn’t be as successful without them. Lastly, I interviewed Anna LeBlanc who is a Senior, and she said “Computers have a huge positive effect on all students, and although some students are irresponsible with them, they still help us a lot. Without computers, the school community would be way less efficient.”

We can see that most people think that Computers are very necessary for students and that they are worth the money. They are a very helpful tool for many students and it helps students succeed. They are worth the money, as students can really benefit from them.